Wednesday 18 December 2013

The New Lord of War is....

So I am pretty sure you all know by now that I love Lords of War, this devilishly simplistic little game is great fun and much more of a tactical challenge than it first looks, but (and there had to be a but!) it can be really stressful!!!

Last night was the Lords of War 'Faction' Tournament and finishes a year of seeing both the game and players tactics develop! It was a really fun event but talk about tense! The good news for me was that I got to play and test out the new "beserker rules". This really changes the game and can result in some great 'two for one' attacks but can also go horribly wrong if not played carefully!


As you can see from the map the was no clear winner as far as any particular faction was concerned, but it is safe to say that the Dwarves had a bit of a hard time of it!

In regards to the event winner, well dispite still not beating my Lords of War nemesis - 'Olly' I actually managed to win an event at last!!!!! From my point of view the Elves were pretty awesome! The general was pretty solid all event and the puresouls can be very aggressive and certainly help maintain a positive board state, for me they are so much better with the new rule! 

However there were two units that really helped to secure the win and they were ....
 So as 2013 draws to an end our Lords of War are ...

Mercenary Recruit Class - Olly James
Mercenary Soldier Class - Michael Pike
Factions Soldier Class - Gary Cambell-Smith

I will be sending the information to Martin and Nick at Black Box along with everyones points for the year!

Thanks to all the players for supporting this great game and I look forward to trying to defend my title next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment